How to travel to Croatia and Istria during the Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)?
Situation on August 14, 2021: It is possible to travel to Croatia during the coronavirus epidemic.
- Currently ill in the region of Istria: 36
Cases per one million since the beginning of the epidemic:
- Worldwide: 27124
- Norway: 26647
- Germany: 46011
- Albania: 47484
- Greece: 49623
- Denmark: 56667
- Slovakia: 71991
- Italy: 73356
- Austria: 75278
- Poland: 76281
- Macedonia: 77309
- Hungary: 82939
- Switzerland: 85808
- Croatia: 90280
- United Kingdom: 93645
- France: 93873
- Portugal: 97134
- Spain: 99990
- Belgium: 100337
- Serbia: 104586
- Sweden: 108518
- Netherlands: 111677
- Slovenia: 125453
- Czechia: 156769
The Croatian coast is currently orange on the ECDC Covid-19 map, but the Istria region is Green.
For easier and faster entry into Croatia, foreign citizens are recommended to fill out a web form on the page: https://entercroatia.mup.hr/ before entering Croatia.
Citizens of European Union countries can enter Croatia if they meet the following conditions:
- are guests who have a confirmation of booking accommodation in Croatia
- own real estate in Croatia (show proof of real estate ownership at the border crossing)
- own a vessel in Croatia (show proof of ownership of the vessel at the border crossing)
- go to a funeral in Croatia (show documentation proving it at the border crossing)
- travel to Croatia on business (show proof of business interest at the border, for example, invitation to a meeting, etc.)
- all others who have a justifiable reason and cannot document it must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When returning from Croatia to Austria, it is necessary to have a valid test for Covid-19, not older than 72 hours, or it is necessary to do it in Austria within 48 hours after entering the country.
- Upon return to Slovenia, passengers must be quarantined for two weeks.
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, contact the Coronavirus Call Center at 113.
Distance from Bale: 7 hours and 45 minutes driving